September 23, 2021

OnlyFans suspends proposed ban on sexually explicit content


“We have secured assurances necessary to support our diverse creator community and have suspended the planned October 1 policy change,” the company said in a tweet. “OnlyFans stands for inclusion and we will continue to provide a home for all creators.”

The company added that creators will receive an email from OnlyFans soon.

The reversal comes just days after OnlyFans announced it would bar creators from posting “content that contains sexually explicit conduct,” sparking an outcry among sex workers who had helped create the company’s success and popularity. OnlyFans said the changes followed requests by “banking partners and payout providers.”

In an interview with the Financial Times that published earlier this week, OnlyFans CEO Tim Stokley blamed banks such as Bank of New York Mellon and JP Morgan, whom he said had blocked OnlyFans’ payments to creators and shut down their accounts. (Those companies declined to comment to CNN Business on Tuesday.)





Source link