A man is dead and four people have been taken to a Toronto hospital after officials say a high level of carbon monoxide was detected in a Bridle Path home.
Emergency crews were called to a home on Suncrest Drive at The Bridle Path, south of Lawrence Avenue East, at around 8:50 p.m. on Monday.
A Toronto Fire Services spokesperson told Global News three people were found inside the home and that one of those people didn’t have vital signs, noting there was a “very high level” of carbon monoxide.
A spokesperson with Toronto Paramedics said a man was in critical condition, and a teen and an older woman were in serious, but non-life-threatening condition.
In an update posted on Twitter, Toronto police said two officers who pulled people from the home were taken to hospital with undisclosed injuries.
As of Monday night, there wasn’t an update on the source of the carbon monoxide leak and the circumstances surrounding it.
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.